Skip to content

6 Comments

1. Amy
    April 5, 2018 @ 8:43 am

That looks like a great birthday getaway! I’ve never been to CO and want to visit this summer! The whole area looks beautiful………even in Winter…………but I’m a Minnesotan and have had enough snow + cold for a while………ugh, ha!

• Lauren
      April 5, 2018 @ 8:57 am

Haha we thought the same – but it was actually between 50-60 degrees and sunny most of the time we were there, which was amazing! That being said, it’s gorgeous in the summer, too. You really can’t go wrong with those mountains!

• Amy
        April 5, 2018 @ 10:49 am

THose temps sound great! I hope I can convince my husband to go! He’s meh, re; CO……….but, I don’t think he stayed at a Westin like this, surrounded by the mountains:)

2. Megan
    April 5, 2018 @ 1:29 pm

I am literally in the process of planning a surprise trip for my finace’s 30th — I’ll have to tell him early too to request off time, how’d you surprise him and vice versa for your birthday? Trying to think of the best way!

• Lauren
      April 5, 2018 @ 3:25 pm

I didn’t surprise him, because I knew we wanted to coordinate with our friends for the 2nd part of this trip – but he surprised me very simply for mine haha Nothing crazy at all, he just told me one night about 2 weeks before that I needed to request specific days off of work for my present and when I questioned why, he said “get your passport ready, we’re going to Mexico!” I know it seems less fun than surprising them the day you leave, but just the fact that they didn’t know you planned a trip is awesome in itself. And if yours doesn’t require a passport, maybe just tell him the days off work and nothing else until the day of 😉 That’d be fun!

3. Caitlin
    April 6, 2018 @ 1:17 pm

Looks like an awesome trip! I love snow shoeing! It’s a great workout, but this winter in CO hasn’t been super good for it!