Skip to content

13 Comments

1. Carolyn
    July 24, 2018 @ 10:03 pm

This post so perfectly captures what I also felt when I moved out of my single girl “lady lair” and in with my then-BF (now fiancé) a year ago. It’s such an exciting change, but it is a little sad to say goodbye to a place where you spent so many transformative years. So excited to see what’s next for you!

• Lauren
      July 26, 2018 @ 8:10 am

Thanks so much, Carolyn!!

2. rea nolan
    July 25, 2018 @ 6:25 am

congratulations on EVERYTHING! I did the exact same thing many years ago…in chicago too. I still think about how wonderful those days and that place were. xox

• Lauren
      July 26, 2018 @ 8:10 am

Love that <3

3. Catherine
    July 25, 2018 @ 8:27 am

This post rang so true in my heart! Growth and change feel so scary at first, and usually are the things we need to come into our truest, happiest self. So excited for this new chapter for you and Adam! Thank you for sharing : )

• Lauren
      July 26, 2018 @ 8:09 am

Amen, Catherine!! Thanks for reading!!

4. Amy
    July 25, 2018 @ 8:47 am

Change is so different for everyone, right? I am a creature of habit and that makes moving interesting. I have moved a number of times over alot of yrs………..my last place was a 12 yr stint—wow, moving from 1 apt to a 2nd one in the same bldg.
    I usually liked getting settled into a new place…….never liked the packing process or the move itself……who does?!
    So moving in with my boyfriend into our first home together, then getting engaged shortly after and married…….it has been a big change for me! I was so used to living solo…………making every decision and choosing how my place was lived in. It’s totally new to me and very different. There are so many pluses and I still do miss some parts of living alone……ha, but I am so glad that I was happy to have all of it for as long as I had it!
    Congrats to you!!!

5. tinymere
    July 25, 2018 @ 11:32 am

love you much LSL and so happy/awed/proud of what you’ve done in the past 5 years. cheers to a new chapter!!

• Lauren
      July 26, 2018 @ 8:09 am

Love and miss you so much, Mere!!!

6. Caitlin Edwards
    July 25, 2018 @ 5:21 pm

Such a great post! I know its about living alone, but for some reason it reminds me of the end of the era friends episode! Congrats on the new place!

• Lauren
      July 26, 2018 @ 8:08 am

Haha love that episode!!

7. Paula
    July 26, 2018 @ 5:31 am

Lauren, thanks for articulating with such feeling your struggles and growth towards the strong woman you have become today. We each can identify with you with our own experiences. Wishing you the best in your new adventure. You have many friends routing for you, LSL! ??

• Lauren
      July 26, 2018 @ 8:08 am

Aw, thank you so much Paula!