It’s time for an oldie but a goodie over here today!! I’ve been making this cilantro lime shrimp recipe since probably 2013… and I honestly don’t even remember where I got the inspiration for it anymore. This is also one of those recipes that I love to make on busy weeknights. You know those simple dinner ideas that you’ve made so much, there’s no need to measure anything anymore? The best.
I usually serve this over white or brown rice to soak up the delicious sauce, and also stretch the servings a little. It’s also great over pasta and quinoa, too! If you don’t want any of those, it’s delicious on it’s own, but you WILL want something to soak up those juices. When I first shot this years ago, I just had slices of fresh baguette for dipping. The only problem is that you might want to eat the whole loaf… but I am definitely not judging that choice. Yummm!
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Recipe
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
2.5 cups campari tomatoes, cut into quarters
1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 lb shrimp (peeled and deveined)
2 limes, juiced
3 tbsp chopped cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop the onion, jalapeño and garlic.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion, jalapeño, and garlic and cook for about 3-5 minutes, or until the onion softens.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and red pepper flakes, then cook for about 6 minutes.
4. While the tomatoes are breaking down, remove the stems from your shrimp if you prefer it that way.
5. After 6 minutes, add the shrimp and also the lime juice. Cook for another 4-5 minutes, or until the shrimp have turned pink.
6. Add chopped cilantro and also season with salt and pepper. Then feel free to add more red pepper flakes if it isn’t spicy enough, too!
7. Serve this over rice or pasta if you’d like a starch. It’s also delicious on it’s own with a slice of fresh baguette for dipping!
Since I mentioned that this is an old recipe, want to see some step-by-step photos from back in the day?! We all have to start somewhere, right?! 😜
In all seriousness though, I think these photos help show just how simple this recipe is. If you’re new to cooking, just make sure you chop everything before you get started. If you do that, this is 1000% stress free, I promise!
[mv_create title=”Cilantro Lime Shrimp” key=”82″ thumbnail=”https://www.lakeshorelady.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/IMG_6863-scaled.jpg” type=”recipe”]
Want to remember this Cilantro Lime Shrimp recipe later? Pin the image below!