Happy Saturday, friends! As some of you may remember, I was trying to think of something fun to make Adam for Valentine’s Day… and then it hit me: what if I turned those suuuuuper easy 2 ingredient greek yogurt bagels we all love into Adam’s favorite kind of bagels? And thus, this cinnamon raisin bagels recipe was born!
As I started playing around, I knew I wanted these to be really cinnamon-y without being too overly sweet. So instead of adding tons of sugar, I really relied on cinnamon, vanilla, and raisins… along with a quick homemade strawberry cream cheese, because YUM.
Before we dive into the recipe, if you are totally new to greek yogurt bagels, they are awesome for multiple reasons. My personal favorite reasons are that they don’t require yeast and you don’t need to boil them!! Avoiding those 2 steps make this so wildly easy – even a bad baker like me can handle them. And that’s saying something 😉 I also really love that the greek yogurt adds a little protein boost, and while most bagels have around 277 calories, these cuties only have 193 calories! Wins alllll around.
Cinnamon Raisin Bagels Recipe
2 cups self rising flour (*or mix 2 cups of regular all purpose flour with 3 tsp of baking powder and 1/2 tsp of salt!)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp sugar
2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
2.5 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place silicone baking mat or parchment paper on a baking sheet and lightly spray with oil.
2. If you have self rising flour, add that to a large bowl. If you only have all purpose flour (like me!) combine that with baking powder and salt to create self rising flour.
3. Stir in the sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, combine greek yogurt and vanilla.
5. Add the greek yogurt mixture to the flour mixture and mix as best you can.
6. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface – it’s okay if everything isn’t sticking together yet. Knead it together on the surface until everything forms a ball.
7. At this point, add your raisins. I think it helps to add them in at least 2 batches, to ensure that you can evenly distribute them.
8. Divide the dough into 8 equal parts.
9. Roll each portion into a ball and then poke a hole in the middle to help you form a bagel shape.
10. Place each bagel on the baking sheet.
11. Whisk the egg in a small bowl and brush it on each bagel.
12. Bake for 25 minutes and enjoy!
Homemade Strawberry Cream Cheese Recipe
3/4 – 1 cup fresh strawberries
8 oz cream cheese
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
Add washed strawberries to a food processor with the cream cheese. Pulse until everything is combined. Add 1 tbsp of pure maple syrup and pulse again. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
[mv_create key=”120″ thumbnail=”https://www.lakeshorelady.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/cinnamon-raisin-bagel-recipe10.jpg” title=”Cinnamon Raisin Bagels Recipe” type=”recipe”]
PS. You might also like Greek Yogurt Bagels with Asiago!